Veneers – Evanston, IL
One Cosmetic Treatment, Many Possible Changes
When you visit Bowdental of Evanston for a cosmetic dentistry consultation, you may be expecting to hear that multiple treatments are needed to create the smile that you want. But with veneers, this might not be necessary. These thin, tooth-colored sheaths offer an effective way to cover cracks, stains, gaps, and other imperfections – often all at the same time! Reach out to us to learn how Dr. Bowden and Dr. Duarte can use veneers to make your teeth more dazzling.
What Are Dental Veneers?
When you ask your dentist for a versatile cosmetic treatment, they’ll point you in the direction of dental veneers. Made from ceramic material that looks like real enamel, each veneer is carefully designed to cover the front of a specific tooth. This gives us a simple way to deal with a multitude of aesthetic issues with a single treatment. Thanks to veneers, the smile of your dreams can be more attainable than you might initially think.
The Process of Getting
Before anything else, you need to schedule a consultation at our office. Even if you already think veneers are right for you, it’s important to have a dental professional take a look at your teeth and confirm your candidacy for the procedure.
When the decision to get veneers has officially been made, the process of having them placed begins. This normally consists of two appointments:
- First Appointment: Enamel will be taken off of each tooth that will receive a veneer. This is done because placing veneers right away would likely make your teeth look too big. Once your teeth are the right size, we’ll capture the impressions that our trusted dental lab will need to design and create your veneers. Lastly, temporary veneers will be attached to each tooth; this can serve as a preview of what your smile will look like once the final versions are in place.
- Second Appointment: The second appointment is scheduled once the permanent veneers are ready, which may take a few weeks. After removing the temporaries, we will cement your new veneers in place. We can make whatever adjustments are needed to leave you feeling satisfied with your new grin.
The Benefits of Veneers
- Efficient Smile Improvements: A single procedure that takes place over the course of two appointments is all it takes to treat several cosmetic flaws.
- Minimally Invasive: Only a relatively small amount of enamel will need to be taken off each tooth receiving a veneer.
- Dazzling Appearance: Your veneers will look virtually identical to your other teeth. Not only can they be color-matched, but they reflect light the same way enamel does.
- Durability: Other cosmetic treatments may need to be redone every few years. Veneers are more durable by comparison and can last 10 years or longer if properly maintained.